All 40 art Reviews

Arabia. Arabia.

Fire in the heart

While you have a developing sense of colour, you seem to not structure your work properly before painting.
The right shoulder does not seem attached to the body, and there isnt much body language to suggest he is pulling the reins on his camel.
It seems like all his muscles are tensed to the maximum, way too much for the action he is performing.
The face seems to not have an inherit structure; it looks generic and too young for the body.
What you should keep in mind when planning pictures like this is to work from Structure to Flesh to Skin/Shading. Without a proper underlying framework any building will quickly crumble.
Good luck and keep drawing!

Deadmau5 Deadmau5

De5ertmau5

I'm sure he has a good reason for being there... looking for new head materials? Or perhaps on a journey into Arabia to find the Forty Beats?

Murky Thinner. Murky Thinner.

Cool Concept, need more studying!

You have a neat idea here, and a lot of parts of the picture are good, but there are many flaws that you will be able to overcome with practice.

With the protagonist (I assume), I see both of his feet are planted on the ground. This makes for a very static pose, and overall he seems a little apathetic. A more aggressive line of action for the poor guy would improve the picture overall.

Some more enviromental detail, better realised structure of all characters and recalculated perspective are what you need to improve on your production skills.

animated thing 01 animated thing 01

Fluid animation!

Good stuff, all you need to do is make more of it! Seeing two actors interact would be cool to see as well.

Blue at temple Blue at temple

You've got a lot to learn...

If you want people to take your art seriously, or you want to seriously create art, you really need to learn the fundamentals of art.
There are so many flaws in this that it would suffice to say that it is bad, but that doesn't mean that you can't get better.
Look around for some way to learn how to begin creating better art, be it on the internet, a book(or fifty), or someone you know who has signifigant art knowledge. You have to be an apprentice before you can be a master!

Rennis5 responds:

thanks for telling me this is crappy without an explanation and for being so condescending, this is so pointless.

Study of a Lindach Study of a Lindach

Encyclopedic articles are great!

What I would suggest are more visuals with more viewpoints, to allow the reader to see every facet and construct a better image of the subject.
Another good addition would be some sort of scale reference in some form.

This is good stuff, I would love to see more and more of these :o

Luxembourg responds:

There is no scale to reference; as spirits, they don't have a set size or shape. They usually are around the same size as an adult human though (as the masks they wear are those that people would wear).
I agree that I could make use of more images in conjunction with my pictures. I'm thinking I'll do some more encyclopedia articles in the future (as this is already my second.) Thanks for the advice, Dalenbourg.

Devils soldier Devils soldier

cool!

The floating quote is a little bit over the top, but the actual character is designed in an interesting way. those dual elbow blades are sick as hell! Overall character design is cool, would look at again.

only things i would suggest are research your metals and machines. I can't imagine an arm ribbing like that would be flexible at all, and would hinder his aim incredibly. Also the gun's design looks scraped together, lol, I would do research on the inner mechanisms to understand the outside.

Rooster Rooster

True grit

I saw it, and will vouch for its awesominity.

I like your use of space in this portrait, it really depicts the man as the force he was. Although, perhaps he could have been in his pajamas...

StickDinosaur responds:

Haha he rocked that onesie

The Barbarian The Barbarian

A success!

I recognized this from the thumbnail, that crazy conan...

The colouring's good, but you need to recreate the human figure that is in the picture rather than copy it, because that leads to an uncanny valley sort of thing.

Morshu Morshu

An wondrous display of proper worship!

I'm sorry link, i can't give you credit...

The only way that this could be improved is if you made the background more detailed to be Morshu's shop or something.

Good work!